When you’re hosting your event and trying to keep within your budget, hiring an event planner might seem like an unnecessary expense. But it’s not. Here are seven surprising reasons to hire an event planner…and one of the reasons is the opposite of what you’d expect.
1. You’ll save time.Your event planner takes all the necessary meetings. Why? Because there are details I don’t have to be bothered with. The event planner knows the ins and outs of the event. Because you have an intense strategy meeting right at the beginning of the planning process, your event planner will know exactly what your needs are. That means the event planner goes to meetings with the venue and the photographer and the rental place and the A/V people and you can get more work done. Having an event planner will save you countless the hours.
2. You’ll save money.This is the reason I think might be the opposite of what you’d expect. You’d think because you have to pay the event planner, you’re spending more money, right? Not so. Once your planner knows what your budget is (and how strict you are about sticking to it), s/he can work with vendors to save you money on all kinds of things. Your event planner will have relationships with vendors that will work with you on price. And because they have relationships with vendors already from her past events, it’s easier for her to ask them for things than it would’ve been for you. In the long run, an event planner can actually save you the money you spent hiring him/her, and then some.
3. You’ll have a better looking event.Left to my own devices, you would probably have a fairly sparse event, sans decoration. To think in terms of technical and practical needs. But event planners know that part of what makes for a great event is that it looks and feels great. There are tons of details like this that you would never think of such as things like, did you know that if you angle your audience chairs a certain way, it makes them feel more involved and engaged? This was just one of a hundred details you may not know or think of for your event.
4. You’ll host your event at the right place.
Where you should host your event? In what city and where in the city will depend on the kind of event you’re hosting and what your goals are for your event. Your event planner will help you choose a venue that can actually help you meet your goals for your event. This is something that can affect attendance, sales, and the overall experience for those who attend.
5. You’ll have good people doing good work.Your event planner will know several great photographers, videographers, A/V companies and rental companies. And as a result you are able to obtain several quotes that you can then review and have confidence that whichever one you decide to hire for your event have already been vetted. Because of the number of events they have done with each of these companies, your event planner will know the pros and cons of each and can help you make the best choices and stay on-budget.
6. You’ll eat.You know what you forgot about? You forgot that during your event, you will have to eat. Your event planner will ensure you are taken care of and be sure that you not only eat but that your timeline will allow for you to have a break so you can fully enjoy the event. That is something you may not think of when you are planning an event yourself.
7. You can breathe.
When you’re planning an event, doing everything yourself is a very, very big job. And it gets stressful. As soon as you hire an event planner, you can breathe. You can step back, regroup, focus on the things you know the most about, and get a lot of work done. Because someone else is handling the details of the event itself, you can be more productive on the things you do best. Plus, when the event happens, you will know your event planner and their team will be monitoring the event itself, taking care of everyone and making sure the logistics are handled so that I can focus on making your guests feel welcome and comfortable and doing your own presentations.
When the next time comes for your next idea for an event, you will know you have a great team in your corner and you will be able to relax into a great event.